Friday, February 15, 2013

Diva Challenge #106 "The Year of the Snake"

Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the snake, and we are challenged to make a tangle using this snake as inspiration.

Maybe I cheated a bit, but Monday morning my job sent an email out to the employees announcing a Chinese New Year Celebration somewhere on the campus.  It had a little snake in the email. I thought this little guy was so cute! When I got home, I saw the snake challenge on the Diva blog and new I had to incorporate him.

So I used the little guy and tangled in him and around him.  I finally used my red Sakura Micron pen.


This is the snake that I clipped from that email that my work sent out for the Chinese NEw Year Celebration. As tempting as it was to also draw the cool cherry blossoms, I didn't want to TOTALLY copy it, so I put the clipping out of sight after I drew the general outline of the snake. 



6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, the addition of red adds so much to the Chinese New Year feel. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, The red gives it the perfect Chinese touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Very much like the Chinese snakes/dragons you see in their parades. Love the red tangles behind him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so lovely - a wonderful entry to the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete