Thursday, February 21, 2013

Diva Challenge #107 - Quandary

This week, the Diva challenge is to use the new official tangle "Quandary."  It can be found on the Zentangle website. This was a bit of a challenge for me. I just could not get the pattern to stay together without it becoming a jumbled mess of random spilled rice.  I tried using the triangle method as in Maria's instructions.

And I tried using the flower grid for the 1st one as in Ellen Wolter's video demo. Yeeeaaahhh, I didn't click with either method. After some practice, and many crumpled up peices of scrap paper I finally got it down.

I had already started a Valentine's Day tangle using TanglePattners String 039. A cute little heart. So, I decided to complete the unfinished tangle adding in some Quandry somewhere. After my initial difficulty with Quandry, I decided to not try anything fancy and just use it as a background.



Mooka, Quandry, Inapod

9 comments:

  1. A lovely combination of string 39, Quandary and colour - nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tile with string # 39. The addition of red on the heart, and the background Quandary beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Quandary made a lovely pattern behind your beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flow on this one. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I should have practiced more, too! I love your string combination with the 107 tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 019 string gave you a fantastic direction for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! This heart tangle sat unfinished and forgotten, so I am glad that this challenge inspired me to finish it.

    ReplyDelete